Thursday 10 February 2011

Illustration Friday - Reverse


This week's Illustration Friday theme was 'Reverse'.
My idea this week was to do a mirror image, where one side of the image is the opposite of the other. I decided to use a mirror image of two women - one happy, one sad - which I based off of photographs of myself.
I did this piece in graphics pen and went over it with water to blur and bleed the ink, though the effect isn't so apparent in this photograph.

In a crit, I was told to:
- Improve my picture quality as the photograph isn't so clear, or up the contrast in Photoshop so the image is easier to see.
- Photograph my work in a sketchbook instead of pulling it out.

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea and hope you are the HAPPY one at most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good concept! I always tell people that I have a model who works at all hours for free -- me! ;)

    ReplyDelete