Thursday, 10 February 2011

Illustration Friday - Reverse


This week's Illustration Friday theme was 'Reverse'.
My idea this week was to do a mirror image, where one side of the image is the opposite of the other. I decided to use a mirror image of two women - one happy, one sad - which I based off of photographs of myself.
I did this piece in graphics pen and went over it with water to blur and bleed the ink, though the effect isn't so apparent in this photograph.

In a crit, I was told to:
- Improve my picture quality as the photograph isn't so clear, or up the contrast in Photoshop so the image is easier to see.
- Photograph my work in a sketchbook instead of pulling it out.

3 comments:

  1. Love the idea and hope you are the HAPPY one at most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good concept! I always tell people that I have a model who works at all hours for free -- me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Generally I don't learn post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thank you, very great article. Bezansonphotography offers services like Edmonton Photographer, newborn photographer, and maternity photographer etc. in Edmonton, Alberta.

    ReplyDelete