Monday 6 December 2010

Why I Followed: [daily dose of imagery]

The first blog on my Blog List is [daily dose of imagery] - a photography blog/site that posts a new photograph every day.
Admittedly, the blog lacks much 'comment' on the images posted, but the images are inspiring and well-made, and I can usually find a lot to say about the images I see there.

Layout-wise, the blog is simplistic, and puts 100% of the focus on the photographs. The actual blog lacks any real colour, but a pale colour scheme helps bring out more colours on the photographs.
There are a lot of links above and below each photograph, but they do not impose on the content.
The 'day before' and 'day after' buttons that let you switch between posts are a little bit easy to miss, but they don't get in the way of the photographs, which is a big pet peeve of mine.

As my blog is more text-based, I didn't take much layout inspiration from [daily dose of imagery], but I will probably respond to their photographs a lot in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment